Sunday, August 4, 2013

August Link Up [LINKY]...

All Y'all Need is hosting their monthly Link-Up, and for August, they are asking SLPs to leave info on what they are - buying, trying, and speeching! I am loving these linkies! Enjoy (and follow the link above to check out what other SLPs are saying.)

 
 
BUYING - I feel like I am always buying speech materials! Every trip to Target ends with a speech material find in the dollar section! (Shhhh, don't tell my hubby!) We're also getting ready to purchase my daughter's competitive leotard and warm-up. Gymnastics season starts at the end of November...I can't wait!

TRYING - Once the school year hits...it's full speed ahead. Which means dinner is tough! This year, both of my girls will be in middle school (which honestly is making me a bit of a mess :/) but, with that being said, that also means the mom shuttle is open for business. Between cheer, gymnastics, and coaching, we spend a massive amount of time in our vehicle. So dinner, in the past, has been whatever I can throw together or stop and buy. But, not this year! I'm going to try really hard to utilize my crock pot! (and I've made step by step recipe cards for easy to make meals for my husband) so hopefully we can start eating better, and eating together more often.

SPEECHING - Wow! These last few moths have flown by, and I have had a blast! I started my blog and TpT store in June - 1) because I LOVE what I do; and  2) I LOVE making materials. I have been blessed with awesome followers, supportive friends and amazing co-workers! Which made the big plunge a little less scary!

13 comments:

  1. Mindy, thanks for linking up! Wow - two girls in middle school and gymnastics - I had one in competitive dance and know how much it costs! I'm also trying to get on the bandwagon for better homecooked dinners. And congrats on starting your blog and store!


    All Y'all Need

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love these link-ups! Thanks again for hosting!

      Delete
    2. You're welcome, and thanks for joining!

      Delete
  2. Hi Mindy,

    I have an hour commute so slow cooking is a must for me. I love Sandra Lee's "Money Saving Slow Cooking" cook book. It has been a life saver.

    Tai

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats on starting your blog! I found you through the link up and can't wait to go read more of your posts!

    Abby
    Schoolhouse Talk!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love gymnastics. I used to be a gymnast, so it will always have a piece of my heart. Hope they love it too! Congrats on the blog and TpT store. I'm looking forward to seeing what you make and post!

    Carissa
    Home Sweet Speech Room

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Carissa! Yes, we love gymnastics too. It's a tough sport, but the girls get so much out of it! My daughter is hoping to start optionals this season, so fingers crossed. I also coach so, if I'm not in my speech room, I'm at the gym. :)

      Delete
  5. I love my crock pot. I need to get better at prepping meals ahead too.

    Kelly
    Speech2u

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Week one - semi successful! I found it was helpful to write a dinner menu for the week and stick to it. Hopefully I can keep it up.

      Delete
  6. Congratulations on starting your blog and TPT store. I started mine in May and have enjoyed the connections I have made all over the world. best of luck to you for a successful site.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much! I think the connections with other professionals has been one of the best parts! :)

      Delete