Thursday, August 22, 2013

Moving up the articulation ladder (with a little bit of crafting)

I love the look of clip charts. I wanted to incorporate one in my speech room but, I wanted a chart that targeted something other than "behavior".  So, I decided to turn my clip chart into an Articulation Ladder!

I started with this (and some card stock)...
 
and ended up with this!
 
I love it (and I'm sure my students will LOVE it too)! I printed out each articulation level (Syllable Sets, Words, Phrases, Sentences, Reading Tasks, Conversation) on a sheet of card stock (cut and laminated), hung each sheet together with small silver book rings (through holes made with my handy hole punch), tied a ribbon to the top, hung it on a hook, and before I knew it...Articulation Ladder complete! Then I took clothes pins and wrote (with multi-colored sharpies) each student's name and the sound they are targeting on the pin. If they were targeting more than one sound, I made more than one pin.  Beside the chart,  I have two small silver containers. One says "sounds"  - this is for holding the pins of students who have just started a new sound and are not yet consistent at the isolation level.  The other says "GRADUATES!" - this is for students who have completed their journey up the ladder!
 
I posted a freebie on my TpT site with a few different versions of this chart. It really is the perfect addition to any speech room! Check it out! (Don't forget to leave feedback if you download. I appreciate it, and I LOVE reading it all!) **If you'd like a smaller chart just adjust the print size before printing in pdf. Hit print, go down to "page sizing and handling", click "custom scale" then enter a percentage (if you'd like it smaller pick a percentage smaller than 100).**
 
 
 
Enjoy!




4 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful! Thank you! I have been looking for a way to have my kiddos see how they are progressing! This is so visual for them! We start our second week of school next week and I cannot wait to use this!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you like it! I'm sure your student's will love it. My students were so excited to get their pins this week! Enjoy!

      Delete